1. Helmer #2... I receive a 2nd one for my Birthday and still haven't put it together. Mainly because I just haven't had the time! There's the bedtime routine with Peanut, which keeps getting elongated as her stall tactics become more elaborate. Then there's the fact that in order for her to go to sleep, I've gotta lay down too. So, I typically play on my phone while I sing to her for a little, and wait for her to go to sleep. Once she's out, I'm free to do what I need to do, but that usually times out to around 8ish if I'm lucky, closer to 9 if I'm not. Most nights, I have just enough energy to do my exercises, paint my nails, and crash out. And lately, weekends have been filled with renovation projects on Le Nouveau Chez Sparkle, so... putting-together-Helmer-time has been scarce. I've been saying "maybe tonight" for quite a few "tonights" now!
2. Helmer Desk... A while ago, I came across a Pin on Pinterest that showed 2 Helmers being used as the base for a desk. The idea has definitely stuck in my mind ever since. But I'm not sure what material I'd like for the desktop. Originally, I was thinking glass, because it would be easy to clean the polish off of it. Then I was thinking about some sort of wood to collect paint splatters like an artist's easel. Of course, I could also take that same piece of wood, cover it in glitter, then clear coat it until smooth. So many choices. But I should probably start with putting the 2nd Helmer together.
3. Portfolio Blog/Site... I'm currently mulling over exactly how I want to do this, but it's one of those long-time-coming type projects. There are just so many things that I would want to include, I want to be sure that they're organized in just the right way. On just the right layout.
4. Swatch Book... I have gone from notebook to binder to notebook in an attempt to keep all my blogging stuffs organized. Very Emily posted about her swatch book the other week, and I've got the perfect empty notebook to use. I juuuust have to find it. Might do this to the cover.
|c/o Merrick's Art|
5. Sequin Spray Tee... I know this tutorial is from 2013, but I still want to make it. I even bought the fabric pen for it. I'm constantly buying all the supplies for a Pin, only to never end up actually doing it. I'm not the only one, right? There are seriously sooooo many sewing projects I could work on if I just had the time!
6. Jewelry... A couple of years ago, my mom and I went on a big jewelry-making kick and bought all kinds of supplies. I made a few bracelets here and there, but that's really it. I still have a whole lot of supplies leftover!
7. Packing... Not really creative, but certainly current! Getting everything ready for the move so that we're super organized. When Mr. Sparkle and I moved out for the first time, it helped to have every box labeled and organized so we knew exactly what was in it and where it went. It seriously made the unpacking process go so much more quickly and smoothly.
That's about all that I can think of at the moment. It's funny how a lot of these things are so based on just having the time to be able to do them! Having a toddler is a very time-consuming thing, but I wouldn't have it any other way! The fun thing, is that as Peanut gets older, I'll be able to do some of these things with her. That's something I'm definitely looking forward to. I'm sure she'll add plenty of projects to my list!