Tuesday, May 5, 2015
What's in My Makeup Bag?
Not gonna lie, it feels a little weird to be posting this! For whatever reason, the contents of my makeup bag, and others I'm sure, are kept private and personal like we're guarding some huge National secret! Maybe that's just me? Either way... it's not like the contents of this bag are going to spell destruction for mankind if they fall into the wrong hands. If anything, maybe they'll introduce you to some of the products that I've come to love. Most of these have been around for a while, so they should be pretty easy to find if you're interested in trying them out!
1. Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for Combination Skin... I have a serious T-Zone, and this is one of the few products I've found that gives me the moisture and protection I need, without turning my face into a serious oil slick. Every now and then, I'll try to find something that works better, but so far, I haven't had any luck. I always come back to this!
2. Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Roller... My eyes have had bags underneath them since High School. This does a pretty good job of smoothing them out, and one tube lasts a really long time.
3. Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eye Shadow in Bella Sand... This shade is just a smidge lighter than my skin color, the perfect color for everyday wear. It's also got a little bit of shimmer to it, but it's not an overly sparkly shadow that sits funny in creases. This line of Eye Shadow came out recently, and I'll likely be picking up a pink shadow when I finish my current one!
4. Physician's Formula Concealer Twins in Yellow/Light... When I first began using yellow undereye concealer to combat dark circles, this is what I used. When I started blogging, I stopped using this in favor of the Gentle Cover stick that's just yellow. I have a lot of these that are dry on the Yellow side, but close to full on the Light side. So, I'm trying to use them all up as I need concealer.
5. Physician's Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick in Yellow... Originally, I shied away from this because I was afraid I would break it. A couple years back, I picked one up during the CVS Winter Clearance for 75% off and gave it a try. One stick lasts a long time, and I usually try to wait until these are on clearance to pick them up at additional savings!
6. L'Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Pro Eye Shadow Single in Taffeta... This was added to my collection because I like the formula and I was trying to find a replacement for Shroom Shimmer. I really wish L'Oreal would bring it back! It was the perfect neutral eye shadow. I stopped using this for a little while when I switched to Bella Sand, but started using it again after I got my hair highlighted. It's a little brighter than Bella Sand, and it just works a little better with my highlights.
7. L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup in Buff Beige... I can't even remember how long it's been since I switched to this foundation. I guess it's been a while, because the whole roller thing came and went while I was using it. Liquid foundation always feels heavy to me, and powder doesn't really cover much. I jumped onboard with this style of foundation when the Cover Girl Aqua Smooth makeup came out and never looked back. I switched over to this and found an almost identical to my skin tone shade, so I'm pretty hooked. Any girl will tell you that finding a matching shade of foundation is more frustrating than finding the perfect pair of jeans!
8. Pixi Endless Silky Eyeliner in Black Noir... the pencil I currently have was part of one of the Target Beauty Boxes I received last Fall. I use this pencil exclusively for tightlining. It seriously makes it so easy, and the formula doesn't irritate my eyes at all. I will definitely be replacing this when I run out!
9. N.Y.C. Kohl Brow/Eyeliner Pencil in White... the pencil I use for my waterline most days. It makes my eyes look a little bigger and also covers up the redness. Staring at a computer screen all day will do that to you, and right now, allergies are making my eyes worse!
10. N.Y.C. Eye Liner Duet Pencil in Unforgettable... First I got it in Through the Storm, then it was the Black/White combo, which I think Unforgettable replaced, but I'm not sure. This is the one Kohl pencil I always come back to, because it's just the right formula for my waterline. With Unforgettable, I actually get to use both ends! I love creating an ombre effect on my waterline starting with white on the inside corners, nude in the middle, and black on the outside edge.
11. Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume Mascara in Waterproof Black... I've got huge lashes and I love making them look even more dramatic with mascara. Out of all the mascaras I've tried, the brush on this is by far my favorite. I've actually used this brush with other mascaras because it does such a phenomenal job of coating every single lash!
12. Almay Liquid Eyeliner in Black... I found this as a replacement for my beloved Maybelline Liquid Liner that was discontinued. I haven't really looked back since. The tip is everything... it's short, made of felt, and really easy to work with. I can't do those long brushes for liquid liner, or even the longer felt tips that so many companies have gone with. The sharpness of the tip does wear away quicker than I'd like it to, but it's seriously so easy to work with. No one wants to fight their eyeliner in the AM. Putting it on straight, evenly, and smooth is challenging enough!
13. N.Y.C. Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Pink Cheek Glow... I don't go through blush like I used to. I think that's because I was so into tanning when I was younger, that I needed to use half a container to actually look like I had anything on. Thankfully, I no longer tan for sport, and I use my blush much more sparingly! I also think the mix or "mosaic" of colors really helps to make this look super natural.
14. Maybelline Baby Lips in Grape Vine... I'm not sure what I was thinking when I bought this color, but it's not one that I can wear on its own. It resides in my makeup bag for the sole purpose of moisturizing my lips while I'm getting ready more than anything. I love the formula, though, and I think it does a great job of preventing chapped lips.
15. Philosophy Lip Shine in Vanilla Birthday Cake... Hands down my favorite lip gloss of all time. The formula is sticky, and yes, my hair sticks to my lips when it's windy. But the shine and long-lasting moisture? Totally worth it. Then there's the taste. It tastes just as delicious as it smells! Peanut loves using Mommy's lip gloss... she seriously licks her lips for a good 10 minutes!
16. Maybelline Baby Lips in Mad for Magenta... This was an LE that I picked up at Marshall's earlier this Spring. I love a good translucent hot pink lip gloss, and this is the perfect color. Really punches up the color in my lips and I love the scent!
17. Modella Clear Cosmetic Bag... Last but certainly not least, a girl needs a place to put all these things. This bag isn't an exact version of the one I've got... mine doesn't have the cool zipper on the side. Boo... But it's the closest one I could find. I got my version when we went down to visit Mr. Sparkle last summer. It replaced a really old Sephora freebie, and the idea was to make it easier to get through airport security. I've actually come to really like it, because I can see the contents. It makes packing so much easier, and being the gypsy I am right now, packing tricks are seriously essential!
So now you know I have to ask... What's in Your Makeup Bag?